- Total Students Enrolled this year – 307
- Graduates last year- 88
Target Areas for Sustainable Impact
- Enable students to acquire full-time employment
- Impact community by increasing the number of qualified medical workers
- Impact mission hospitals by increasing number of qualified staff available.
- Malawi is a country of 13 million people yet there are less than three nurses for every 10,000 people. Nurses form the backbone of medical care in Malawi, providing nursing and midwife care in hospitals and community and rural health clinics.
The nursing school, located adjacent to Ekwendeni Hospital, located in Ekwendeni Malawi (northern Malawi), has trained students for more than 50 years. Currently there are 247 students in the three year program, earning a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery. Students receive two years of general nursing instruction, followed by one year of midwife training.