- ITM Nursing (associate level A2)
- Total Students Enrolled – 125
- Graduates last year – 19 (13 in Nursing Science and 6 in Laboratory Science)
- ISTM Nursing (bachelor’s degree A1)
- Total Students Enrolled – 313
- Number of Graduates last year – 46 (18 in Management of Health Care Institutions, 20 Pediatric Nursing and 8 in Midwifery) \
Target Areas for Sustainable Impact
- Enable students to acquire full time employment
- Impact community by increasing the number of qualified medical workers
- Impact mission hospitals by increasing number of qualified staff available.
- Four year programs, graduating certified lab techs and associated degree nurses (A2 level). Recent upgrades enable IMCK to train nurses at the A1 level (equivalent to a BS degree).
IMCK (Christian Medical Institute of the Kasai) was established through an agreement of the American Presbyterian Congo Mission and the Belgian government in 1954. IMCK was founded as an institution for the instruction of qualified health personnel. It began as a 3 year nursing school. A lab tech school was added later. Both have expanded to four year programs, graduating certified lab techs and associated degree nurses at the Institut Technique Medical (ITM) -A2 level. Recent upgrades enable IMCK to train nurses at the A1 level (equivalent to a BS degree) at the Institut Superieur des Techniques Medicales (ISTM).