- Outpatient Visits: 20,000
- Maternity Deliveries: 700
- Well baby visits: 6,000
- Family planning clinic visits: 3,600
Target areas for sustainable impact:
- Reduce maternal and infant mortality through health education and deliveries attended by medical professionals at a safe inpatient clinic.
- Reduce child mortality rates through well baby clinics and primary healthcare visits for infants and children under 5 years.
- Increase both availability of services and demand for services by systematically reducing barriers that keep women from accessing and seeking care.
- Improve the training of traditional birth attendants, increasing their ability to identify and refer at-risk women for inpatient deliveries.
The Darbonne Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Clinic is a comprehensive, holistic center for maternal health located in the Léogâne district in Southwestern Haiti; it is about a four hour drive west from Port-au-Prince.